We’ve created detailed biographies for each of our psychologists to help you with doing your own research. You can read through each of their profiles by clicking here
Our profiles outline the psychologist’s educational background, experience, areas of expertise and their general approach to working with clients.
After reading through our psychologist’s profiles some clients feel ready to book a first appointment. Others prefer more information before they make a decision. That’s where our experienced support team come in. We know that seeking help isn’t always easy and we’re happy to guide you through the process to make it as smooth as possible.
Our support team are here to arm you with information that will help you to find a psychologist who feels like a good fit. Things you might like to discuss with us include:
- A run-down of which team members have expertise in the areas you are wanting help with
- If there any particular therapeutic approaches, such as Mindfulness or Dialectical Behaviour Therapy that you want your psychologist to be experienced with
- If there any therapeutic approaches that don’t resonate with you and you would like to stay away from in sessions
- Gender preferences
- If you’ve seen a psychologist or counsellor before we can help you to nut out what worked well, and what didn’t work so well, so we can use this information to help with matching
- Whether you find particular personality types clash with your personality. For example, you might feel you gel best with people who are gentle, or perhaps you find it helpful to have someone be more direct with you
- Your general availability (days and times) and preference for location
- Any general questions you have about seeing a psychologist, such as what to expect in the first session, fees and Medicare rebates
Beware of “matching sessions”
Some psychology practices try to help clients to find the right match by doing a “matching session”. These psychology practices claim that their research shows that these matching sessions lead to better outcomes for clients. However, these claims are not based on objective research studies, just their anecdotal experience, which could potentially be biased. If you have a Medicare referral, this matching session also uses up one of the ten sessions you are allocated for the year.
We will help you to find the right psychologist for free
Matching you up to the right psychologist shouldn’t cost money. We believe this is a key part of the service we offer our clients, and we want our clients to keep their Medicare rebates up their sleeve for sessions with their psychologist.
To get started with finding the right psychologist for you, call us on (03) 9376 1958 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org